Does Lysol kill mold?
You have found a patch of mold growing somewhere in your home. Desperate to get rid of it, you start rummaging through your cleaning supplies and find a bottle of Lysol disinfectant spray. Now you’re wondering, will this work? If this is the situation you are in, then keep on reading because we will answer this question and lots more.
- Can Lysol kill mold?
- Does Lysol kill airborne mold spores?
- How to kill mold with Lysol
- Lysol bleach-free hydrogen peroxide
Can Lysol kill mold?
Lysol can and does kill both mold and mildew. As a matter of fact, it excels at it, thanks to its ingredients.
The chemicals contained in the average bottle of Lysol have incredible micro biocide, anti-septic, and sanitizer properties, while also serving as an effective odor remover.
Does Lysol kill airborne mold spores?
No, it doesn’t, and we advise against excessively spraying it into the air in an attempt to kill mold spores. After all, mold spores are a natural part of the environment and won’t do any harm in average amounts.
How to kill mold with Lysol
Before starting the step-by-step instructions on how to kill mold with Lysol, we first have to go through the product’s limitations and some safety procedures.
Limitations: The product has its limitations, so only use it on small to medium-sized mold infestations. Always get help from a professional mold remediation company when dealing with larger infestations.
Safety: Although toxic to mold, it is also toxic to humans and pets. Do not breathe it in or get it into your eyes. Also, wear gloves to protect your skin because it can be a skin irritant. When using the product, open the windows of the room to get some fresh air circulating. And most importantly, keep pets out, especially cats and birds, because they are the most sensitive to Lysol.
Ready to kill some mold with Lysol? Let’s begin.
1: Spray a generous amount of Lysol onto the mold and allow it 10 minutes to soak in.
2: Rub the mold off or scrub if necessary.
3: Wash the area clean with warm soapy water to get rid of the harmful chemicals left behind and dry thoroughly.
See? Nothing to it.
If you are considering purchasing some Lysol for mold removal, then we would suggest you get Lysol bleach free hydrogen peroxide multi-purpose cleaner spray.
Lysol bleach-free hydrogen peroxide multi-purpose cleaner spray
What makes regular Lysol disinfectant spray so toxic is its high bleach content. However, they have released a better product that uses the much safer hydrogen peroxide as its main ingredient.
It works just as well as their other products and no need to worry about your health or that of your pets.
Get the latest price from Amazon.com.